Obligatory Gamercards

Friday, May 11, 2012

What the Crap Have I Been Doing?

Just thought I'd update a bit as to what I've been doing.  Well, playing games, of course!  Also I've been toiling away at my book.  It's a story about a cat who journeys across the country to find his master.  And I have to admit I'm pretty excited about it.  It began with my mother constantly nagging suggesting that I write a childrens' book.  At the time I was trying to focus on my other project, a large medieval fantasy novel that was fun to work on but also definitely kicking my ass.  I know what I want it to be, but it's a huge project and I decided what I needed was more practice.  And so was born the "childrens'" book.  It has a title, though I'd rather not speak of it right now.  Also, I wanted to forgo the whole "picture book" idea my mom had in mind, so I'm instead writing it as a YA book - or, Young Adult book.  Other YA books would include The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, etc.  So I wanted to write something that was appealing to both kids and adults, perhaps explore some more mature themes and whatnot.  Anyway, it's turning out to be quite the adventure and I can't wait to find a publisher for it.  I can dream, anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment